Rslogix 5000 programming question

Randomguy

Im having an issue right now with just one PB well call it pb1... And 1 output, well call it o1. I need pb1 to invert the output of o1, so if it's off and pressed it needs to turn on and if turned on it needs to turn off, I've tried creating a (L) and (u) circuit with the controling factor, is pb1 pushed in? Is the out put on? Unlatch. is the output off? Latch but when coding it that way, last command always wins... So it doesnt change state... I was wondering if there was a way just to invert the output when the button is pressed?
Thank you in advance,
Random.guy
Plz note typed up on an iPhone while on the move...

Last edited:
Search for the terms 'toggle' or 'flip flop' in this forum. There are multiple ways of accomplishing this. Everyone seems to have their favorite.

Thank you, searching on the iPhone is a pain but I found a spread sheet with 10 ways for toggles to function... Now back to class to create a lights out program ;)