Citect 7.20 Crashing after 15h of work

nhadjinikolov

Hello,
I have been having a problem with Citect for a month now and we just can't find a reason for it nor a solution.
We have bought a copy of Citect 7.20 and the complimentary license key(600 points if I am not mistaking).

This is the situation:
The SCADA software Citect hangs and crashes after about 15 hours of work since it has been started(I has always done this, it didn’t just start as if it has been working fine). The PLC is a SIMATIC ET-200S (6ES7151-8AB00-0AB0). The communication between the SCADA and the PLC is over the OPC server SimaticNET 2008 Edition. The SCADA was installed on a computer with Win7 Professional but since the problems occurred we thought that the OS is problematic. We changed it with a brand new PC with WinXP Professional, so the system dependent errors are kind of ruled out. The problem continued to occur. We installed the SP2 and nothing was fixed.
The project uses one trend server and one alarm server. No scripts added by me, except the ones to call a popup trend or the page change. Nothing special... just a plain display system with no writing(to the PLC) features yet.

Here is the error report in Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Citect32.exe, version: 7.20.0.598, time stamp: 0x4ca34105
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b8f0
Exception code: 0xe0434f4d
Fault offset: 0x0000b760
Faulting process id: 0xba4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccb3036bfeb1b0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\Vijeo Citect 7.20\Bin\Citect32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4d788881-1f71-11e1-9da1-002522bc42ff

I have attached one of the exception reports which Citect generated.

I would be grateful even on hints why would this happen, because Schneider Electric Bulgaria couldn't even give me those let alone a solution...
I wrote to Schneider Electric Global and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Thanks to all who would take a look at our problem!

Best regards,
Nikola Hadjinikolov

Since no one answered me(nor here, nor Schneider, nor colleagues) I started to fiddle with the project. When I didn't find anything wrong(...again) I started an empty project, which only displayed some data from the PLC. It worked. Then I found out that memory usage was building up in the client process. 40-100 KB every second... However after 15 hours or so the entire 2 GB of RAM were full and the not-so-coping-with-insufficient-memory Citect crashed. I started to build the project again from zero(I only exported the variables and the graphics). All was fine after that. No service packs, no fixes. I did all the settings same as the previous project. Nothing different at all! All was working just fine. Then I made some modifications, which I thought would be nice to have(nothing special.. just cosmetically fix up the alarm summary page).
I suppose it was a memory leak from a bug. Didn't find out why, but I hope this helps if anyone stumbles in to this problem...

I don't program Citect yet - (this Years budget)
But as there are logging features - I would suggest you were logging some information at 1.0 or 0.1 per second or similar with out a clear function
that would fill an integer and overflow it with ease
15 * 60 = 900 mins
* 60 = 57000 seconds
* 10 = 570,000 tenths

Sounds like a memory leak. Citect in versions past has had this problem. I'd contact Citect support and tell them what you have found, they might have a hotfix that can be applied to stop the memory issue.