inTouch HMI 10.1 and PLC

kdoss

I’m using inTouch HMI 10.1 on windows 7 and created a stand alone application.

My question is how do I configure my application to communicate to my PLC. Is there a place to enter the IP address somewhere?

I’m using inTouch HMI 10.1 on windows 7 and created a stand alone application.

My question is how do I configure my application to communicate to my PLC. Is there a place to enter the IP address somewhere?

Ok, you have set up your HMI.
Have you set up an IO Server?
For example, if it is a AB ControlLogix processor, then you would need the DASABCIP IO Server.

There are many ways of communicating to PLC's ... most are dependent on the PLC you are attempting to communicate to.

What is the PLC?

Here is a screenshot of the setup we have here. archestrA system management console.

Device integration disk 1 and 2 (that's what we have, I think there is 1 DVD out now with all files).

Load Factory Suite I/O common components from disk 1, then load DASABTCP 1.5 SP1 from disk 2.

Then you have to setup communications to each PLC in the system management console.

ArchestrA.jpg