Uticor 6001 Director Loader Program

HowardH

Hi All -

I'm trying to connect to a 6001 Director (mid 90's era device) and we cannot find the "Progam Loader" software documented in the manual.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it??

I've tried using the uWin software download from Uticor, but it seems unresponsive. Uticor tech support told me later that would not work, anyway, even though I noticed the uWin software offers the 6001 Director as a PLC option for creating new projects.

The Uticor tech support said they didn't have a copy of it, but I know someone has to have one floating around, if the older software is truly the only thing that will communicate with it.

I think we have the appropriate DB9 serial cable for connection, so I think it is a software issue.

I would sure appreciate any advice or comments.

Thanks a lot,
Howard Henderson

I don't have the software for the old Uticor screens any more - sorry
But it used a standard null modem db9 rs232
(DB9)rs232 - (DB9)modem port
this was 4 notebooks ago

Hmmm, the only references to a "6001 Director" I find is in a Uticore manual that says it's a plc, not HMI. So it's no wonder that uWin won't talk to it.

The Director 6001 option in uWIn is when you select the PLC driver to use / connect.

Sniffing around leads me to think that unit was first a Struthers Dunn Director 4001/6001 so try searching for that. Also look for EZPLC http://flash.ezautomation.net/ezplc/firmware_ezplc.htm