Simulate communication between HMI and PLC

ciccio

Hi all,
i'm pretty new in this field.
For university purpose i have to develop a IDS ( or maybe just some snort rules) for scada systems.

so i was wondering if there is any software that can help me to simulate PLC-> HMI communications and vice-versa (if possible in modbus).
can anyone help me in that?

thank you in advance.

mark, i'm trying to understand how to set up the environment but it's pretty hard to do. there is any documentation i can refer that could help me to build up a plc and a HMI with the free software?

thanks

Hello,

The program emulates the address space of a protocol. Nothing else to it.

A PLC will utilize, normally, one or more protocols to allow external programs to read/write data in the PLC.

So, if you selected the simulator that emulates the address space of MODBUS and selected the TCP/IP version, you now need an HMI that supports the MODBUS TCP/IP protocol.