G310 - First Time

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am testing a Red Lion G310. It is hooked up to a 5/05 via ethernet. I can read and write to N7:0 and 1. If I just put it as XXXX, no problem. If I try and use a primitive vertical scale, nothing shows up. I am sure it is in my setup, but after playing a bit and looking at the manual..... I have attached the .cd3 file. Thanks
George
Edit, on page 2. The outline shows up no reading thou.

It looks like to me you just have a scale, what I would do is use a vertical bar graph next to it and use the data tag to show the level of what you are monitoring. I have used this method for monitoring temps and timers for steam ovens.

Ok, so the Vertical graph was just a "picture"? I was entering my N7:1 into it. Thanks, I will try it out 1st thing in the morning.
George

Great, that works. Now I am trying to add a push button and an indicator. B3:0/0 for the input and B3:0/1 for the output. Is there an Allen Bradley help guide for the 5/03 to 5/05 addressing and the basic switches and indicators? I have tried copying from the examples then changing to the above bits, but missing something. I think once I get my basic items, I will convert a Panelview 550 that is in poor shape over. I have a G306 on the way.
Thanks
George

Stig,
They work if I change the tag from PLC1, b003:0000 to tag Bit_0. Even though they point to the same place. I called Red Lion yesterday and he told me I needed to select
Source: PLC1 B003:0000 (this is my connection to the PLC)
Treat as: Bit Array Little-Endian
Bit Number: Bit 0
This is my tag called Bit_0.
Still trying different things. For the indicator that you supplied, it shows up as a dim red (off) & bright red (on). He said if I wanted that green and red, Make 2 indicators one green and one red, add a tag, Bit_0==0. Then put one on top of the other. Can I take your indicator and make it green? Or, do I have to recreate it?
Thanks
George

In Crimson 3 go to the right hand resource pane select primitives, indicators, single click on the preferred indicator and it will pop up with a list of colors to choose from. You can change colors on most objects and pictures that way. I'm not up to date with the AB communication in Redlion HMI's, I stick to IDEC PLC's, they seem to communicate better and with less hassle.

Stig,
They work if I change the tag from PLC1, b003:0000 to tag Bit_0. Even though they point to the same place. I called Red Lion yesterday and he told me I needed to select
Source: PLC1 B003:0000 (this is my connection to the PLC)
Treat as: Bit Array Little-Endian
Bit Number: Bit 0
This is my tag called Bit_0.
Still trying different things. For the indicator that you supplied, it shows up as a dim red (off) & bright red (on). He said if I wanted that green and red, Make 2 indicators one green and one red, add a tag, Bit_0==0. Then put one on top of the other. Can I take your indicator and make it green? Or, do I have to recreate it?
Thanks
George
When you open primitive objects properties you can make it change colors by selecting from fixed to tag for, tag back 2 state...etc... on the color tab

When using bitmap objects it is easier to just use 2 different bitmap objects and overlay them. You then go into the objects properties and use your bit in show tab. The overlaid picture will only be visable when the bit is true. You can also group objects and trigger their visablity using the show function. All objects that I know of can do this.

Thanks Stig & Clay. I think I have enough different objects to do my first display. Right now I am using a 10 inch for the testing portion. I will use a 6 inch when it comes in for the first unit.
Thanks
George