RS Networks for devicenet

srv

Hi all,

I am new in Devicenet and AB's VFD,Now i am iam in a trouble with a project,One of our existing VFD in devicenet network has a problem,it is not communicating with entire network and there is some LED fault indication in devicenet adaptor module ( 20-COM-D) as follows,

PORT-Flashing red

MOD status- flashing green

STS( VFD) flashing red

And VFD is in tripped condition with a alarm parameter fault 15 which is a Load loss.Please advice me,if We have a devicenet communication adapter (20-COMM-D)with VFD,can it communicate with PLC even if VFD is failure.

The fault code and the state of the DeviceNet adapter are not necessarily related.

A Load Loss fault is something that is specifically configured to detect a failure of the mechanical drivetrain:

http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/powerflex700/faults/015.html

If a coupler or a belt fails and the motor isn't loaded as heavily as it should be, this fault appears.

It's possible that the Load Loss fault is an old fault that still shows up in the Fault Log. My usual way to troubleshoot this is to intentionally cause a HIM fault by removing the HIM module, then compare the timestamps in the Fault Log.

Regarding the DeviceNet: A flashing red LED on the Network LED indicates that the connection to the DeviceNet master has timed out. This is actually an unusual error for just one device to have.

What is the DeviceNet scanner you are using ? Does it have any fault indications or LEDs that might give you additional information ?

We are using 1756-SDN and there is no fault indication,when i connected RS network for devicenet software i could see all other VFDs except this fault VFD,If it is a usual falut (not hardware fault)it should detect in RS network as a node,is it right?Also i have a doubt about device net EDS file for powerflex 70 vfd.When i connected rs network software to PLC through ethernet i could see only question marks,so i tried to upload EDS files from VFD,that time some error happend and i couln't upload that one.Please advice me the reason and how i can get these EDS files for powerflex 70

Hi Ken. This morning got into a shock. i was seaching for a similar fault on devicenet to mine. My net work crushed this morning 1756 dnb on control logix. Removed the card replaced turned the key to prog -run then REM the net work cam back on the machines started working. The net work has ABB inverters ACS800 and softstarters. When it was working tried to scan the network, failed. went to rslinx, i can brouse to the 1756 dnb but cannpt see the connected devices. uploaded the eds file went to the network to register the device process goes well but can not scan the net work at all. Since the first rest it has tripped again. Its shown a, b, c, d on the front of the card. im stuck need help

Its shown a, b, c, d on the front of the card

Describe this in detail. Are the letters "a, b, c, d" literally scrolling across the front of the 1756-DNB display ?

That sounds like a failed module to me. I have never seen or heard of that behavior from a 1756-DNB.

DeviceNet Module 1756 DNB

Yes thanks that was a module failure have since installed a new one its up and working.Thank you all