Difference between PLC and DCS

rdp143

What is the difference between PLC and DCS control system?

According to information, PLC is an completely industrial automation system, where as DCS is an computerized control system.PLC is economically low cost, but the DCS costs high.Actually DCS stands for Distribute control system, Please Share Your Views .......

What is the difference between PLC and DCS control system?

According to information, PLC is an completely industrial automation system, where as DCS is an computerized control system.PLC is economically low cost, but the DCS costs high.Actually DCS stands for Distribute control system, Please Share Your Views .......

OK go on, i will bite, 2 posts, 2 questions both phrased exactly the same, legit user, troll or spam, i cant decide.

This has been done many, many , many times on this forum, try a search on this forum, also could i suggest:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=plc+vs+dcs

If you still have questions after that then come back with specifics.

Last edited:
Hi dear,
DCS is the combination of many plc. IN the other word PLC is (A Elecrical manager have 15 electricion, he look after all electricion) and DCS is (A manager have 3 supervisors and each supervisor look after 5 electricion).
Regards,