Stepper Motor using PLC

ming0521

Hi! :sick:

I am doing my thesis right now and I need some help. =)
I have a linear positioner/actuator which is powered by a stepper motor 2phase, 2.5V, 3A. Now I want the stepper motor connected to PLC (Siemens: S7200), can that be directly connected? Thanks =)đź‘Ľ:sick:

If you look at the ratings for the outputs, you'll notice that 3A is not within reach for any S7-200.
If you put a power driver between the PLC and the stepper motor it can be done, but you'll have to be very, very patient. You might be able to let the motor advance about 100 steps per second, if you're lucky. At least, that's about what I measured the last time I tried to make clear to my pupils why a stepper module in the PLC isn't a waste of money (and time).

Regards,

No not direct, and jean is correct it will be very slow.
Better to use a arduino or bascom and use a output byte from PLC to set the position as PLC is too slow for this unless you use a positioner card (too expensive).