Using I-Phones , Blackberries , etc. has remote HMI's

Rob S.

Sorry , I really could not come up with the words to search this.
We have a kiln that runs 24 / 7 and we have transfer cars that transport cars to feed this kiln. We have employees that are here , in some ways , just to oversee this operation. We very rarly have a problem, so I don't see a real need, at times, to have someone here. I was wondering how reliable it would be to have an remote HMI on a Blackberry , I-Phone , etc.and be able to monitor the operation , and if a problem would happen , I can simply call a maintenance man that would be on call for that weekend.
Have any of you had success with this , and what methods have you used? What is the easiest brand you have used to accomplish this? How difficult is it to setup?
I took notice that Automation Direct has a remote I-Phone app with C-More. Are any of you using that , and how is it working?

Thanks in advance , and have a Merry Christmas.

Sorry , I really could not come up with the words to search this.
We have a kiln that runs 24 / 7 and we have transfer cars that transport cars to feed this kiln. We have employees that are here , in some ways , just to oversee this operation. We very rarly have a problem, so I don't see a real need, at times, to have someone here. I was wondering how reliable it would be to have an remote HMI on a Blackberry , I-Phone , etc.and be able to monitor the operation , and if a problem would happen , I can simply call a maintenance man that would be on call for that weekend.
Have any of you had success with this , and what methods have you used? What is the easiest brand you have used to accomplish this? How difficult is it to setup?
I took notice that Automation Direct has a remote I-Phone app with C-More. Are any of you using that , and how is it working?

Thanks in advance , and have a Merry Christmas.

Inductive Automation's Ignition has a Mobile module, that will allow iPad, iPhone or smartphones access Ignition screens via WIFI

There are a hundred ways under the sun to do this. What HMI do you have now? What PLC?

You could use the C-More,Inductive Automation,Factorytalk Viewpoint, Use Logmein ignition to any pc based HMI app like Wonderware, Intelution,Etc.

I use a mixture of viewpoint and Logmein ignition. I also have the plc email me on alarm conditions that I care about.

We have the Ignition products here, Useful when you're on the phone w/ electricians and don't have your laptop in front of you.
I've also used VPN to RDP into virtual SCADAs I have setup for monitoring(they also have my PLC software on them so I can look at the same rungs the electricians are).
I also do the alarm via text/email thing like Plc Kid.

Update on IPAD
I downloaded this program called PocketCloud on my IPad or Iphone and was remotely able to log onto a processor. I have a VPN account that allows me access to the company network. PocketCloud logs into your desktop computer and then allows you access it that way. Anything on your desktop will run under this program. Oh yeah, its free. They do have full version that does more file sharing.