Omron CS1GH to Kepware

Purrdie

Hi guys,

I can't try communicating Omron CS1GH PLC to Kepware.o_O

I'm using port 2(RS-422/RS-485) of the SCB-41 internal board.

I tried using the drivers FINSSERIAL and OMRON TOOLBUS.

I'm sure that my cable wiring is correct.

Have anyone tried this before?

I appreciate your ideas. Thank you

Cannot help I am afraid as I do not use serial or confounded OPC but native drivers always. You should always run 4 wire RS422 though - I have done that successfully serially to Citect but used the inbuilt Citect FINS driver not OPC.

which version of kepware are you using?
Try using 4.6
setup the channel
then select either the FINS or toolbus (wife just spoke to me might have been host link sorry)
Both of these have the CS1 selection
you will need to move forward from there.

There are several reasons why you may not be communicating.

1. You could be trying to use a driver that does not match how the device is configured to communicate on that Port. Have you verified how the communications port is configured and for what protocol.

2. The wiring diagram Kepware provides is for the RS232 port so it should not be used for port 2

3. For the Fins protocol you need to know the Hostlink ID for the PC interface typically 0, its Fins Network address and the Fins destination node number. This can be acquired from the CX Programmer software when the device is configured. Toolbus addressing is similar to the fins addressing. However the numbers have to match.

If all else fails you can contact Kepware Tech Support.