pv1000 error 643 and aptnew

drewcrew6

Two different issues,
1. When trying to add a certain plc5 it can never "find" the tag addresses. Trying to import only 1 tag from there but it says a length of 2. I can see the proc and the pv on the ethernet so I know its not an address thing.

2. Occasionally the pv will come up with an error on the the screen that states "aptnew". A simple touch of the screen and its cleared but this should not be. What is the problem?

I haven't looked on AB's forum because I lost all my links and for some stupid reason I can never find it from the site. Why is their site so slow? Even with cable modem.

Anyway any ideas???

Drewcrew6

Weird stuff, Drew. There might be something failing in the PanelView for it to behave like that.

I plugged the term "aptnew" into the A-B support database and got no hits, so I don't think that's at all an ordinary error code.

Tell us more about not being able to "find" the tag addresses. Error 634 is a runtime error in data table access, but you're talking about Importing tags into PanelBuilder32, right ? I'm not sure what you meant in your first issue.

Thanks Ken

The PV is new out of the box and set up for testing.
Yes the 634 is during runtime. It just cannot find the info that the tag points to. I've checked the rights in the plc5 and that is okay.
I can write to the database using logix 5 over the network. But when I "run" the pv it comes up with the error, and also tells me the length is 2 when there is only n102:0 addressed from the plc5 In the proc the file length is 50 so there is plenty of room for it to try to get more then that 1 tag ( not sure why it needs to but ). I've also tried to tag n102:20 thinking maybe its looking brfore n102:0 but no luck.

As far as the aptnew could it be a firmware issue?

Thanks
Drewcrew6

Not sure

I think I have had this error before but I'm not sure. Try looking at the data type. If the panelview is looking for a bool, int, etc. and the actual address is something else it will not be happy.

Good Luck!

Thanks
I know the tag in the pv is unsigned integer and its looking for n102:0. Which exists in the plc5 with data length of 50.

Any other suggestions?

Now I didn't see "aptnew" today. But someone made some changes to the pv and changed the password and the ip address so for the moment I'm locked out!!

Thanks
Drewcrew6

never came up with a solution but it seems to vary day to day and week to week . the firmware was updated at some point andd the errors seem to have dwindeled but not dissappered.

The project it was for got canceled so right now it just has time and temp for the shop sometime I'll add wind direction to!

The error seemed to vary with the project that was running in pv, not sure why though.

Good luck
Drewcrew6

If you do find an answer please post.