TCI/GE Software

69sixpackbee

We have two machines that currently use the older TCI (GE) HMI's and we are having trouble getting our software to load and unfortunately, it is a DOS based version. It is the software HMI-BAK-001(2). I know that TCI is long defunct now and even though we purchased the software from them along with a complete backup of our systems it does me no good if I cannot get into the touch panel. Could anyone possibly help us out with the software? Thank you, Bud Weaver

Not familiar with a "TCI" product, could it be "TCP" (Total Control Products) instead?
What is the full part number of the HMI, is it QPxxxxx?

Hello, Russ,
My mistake. yes, it is a TCP touch screen, model #HMI80100A2P and from what I have found out this is a GE(Fanuc) product. At least now it is as they were acquired long ago by GE. We have two automatic assembling machines that utilize this interface and running thru an AB SLC5 via DH485 comm. I am going to upgrade both of these with a G310 unit from Red Lion and I need to extrapolate the programs in the TCP HMI units first so I can begin to write the code in the new ones. They (Total Control Products) were gracious enough to leave me the backup files but these are in .H08 format and I need the software to see what is what. The two software discs that was supplied (HMI-BAK-001 and -002) are DOS based programs and I cannot get these to work right. I cannot even get them to install with a .BAT command in raw DOS on my old WIN2000 laptop let alone my newer XP or 32-bit Windows 7 machines! I did notice that there was an EVMOVE file as well but there is obviously no activation files to move over. Basically, I am S.O.L.

Thanx,
Bud Weaver

I have been able to get old DOS applications to run under DOS box on newer operating systems. For example, GE's Logicmaster 6 could never run on anything newer than Windows 98, but I've had it running in a DOS box on XP.

Several years ago I had to convert an application from one of those old TCP units to something more current. I think I may still have the software and the computer I used for the conversion. Send me a PM and I'll send you my email address where you can send me the .H08 file. I'll see if I can open it and print a screen summary.

email response. Please zip the files and email them to me. I couldn'y see a way to download all the files at once from that sharing site, and evry time I downloaded a file it made me wait 20 seconds while it tried to convince me to sign up for their premium service. I wouldn't mind if it was only a couple of files, but there must be at least three dozen for your project.