Proxymity sensing problem in ml1100

vikas1947

A NPN (Negative Positive Negative semiconductor junction) sensor is a "Source Input"; it will pass (-) when changing states. It is not as commonly used as the "mainstream" PNP (Positive Negative Positive)sensor which will pass (+) when triggered.
In order to "examine" a NPN sensor within an application, you will have to wire the "Signal" to a "Source Input" type PLC module/point.

Last edited:
this is one of those "rude senior" posts
Search this site for "sinking and sourcing"
OR NPN
there are many posts on this topic

Last edited:
Question for connection of proximity sensor

sir what happen if i will apply -ve to the positive point of sensor and +ve to the negative side of sensor ?

PROXIMITY PROBLEM.jpg

sir what happen if i will apply -ve to the positive point of sensor and +ve to the negative side of sensor ?

vikas1947 - mate - you are dragging out the question.;)
You Have an NPN sensor - To use it an a PNP circuit you will need to wire it either to a converter or auxillary relay.

There is no other easy way - :nodi:
Unless the sensor has the facility to be Either NPN or PNP.
they do exist.