Access PLC Webserver through G3 HMI

mohmes

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Redlion G308 HMI with 2 Ethernet ports. This has 4 Yaskawa MP2600 servo drives and 12 Honeywell UDC3200 temperature controllers connected to it via Ethernet Port 1 (192.168.4.145). Ethernet Port 2 is connected to the building network (10.10.4.160). I would like to be able to access the webserver on the Yaskawa drives via the building network by routing through the Redlion G308, but I cannot seem to get this to work.

I have the gateway on the Yaskawa drives (192.168.4.146 to 192.168.4.149) set to 192.168.4.145 and I have IP Routing turned on for the Redlion G308. I have toyed with setting the gateway of Port 1 to 0.0.0.0 or to 10.10.4.160 with no apparent difference in results. I have also used the windows route add 192.168.4.146 mask 255.255.255.255 10.10.4.160.

Does anyone know where I might be going wrong or if this can even be done?

If I can get access to the Yaskawa webserver working then I would also like to try to send configuration settings to the Honeywell UDC3200 controllers, but this uses Modbus, so I don't know if it will work.

This document doesn't cover this particular situation. Basically I need the Redlion G3 to be a transparent pass though for specific ports but across multiple devices using the same port. All of the examples which are something close to this are for serial ports and not ethernet ports.

Most of what I know and have tried has come from your thread but I still can't get it to function right. You mention that you tried to use the routing table. I have also tried this and the gateway on each device is set to the HMI address. What was the final configuration that you used? - routing table, IP routing (on), gateway for both ethernet ports, etc.

Thank you so much for you help!

Martin

I feel that routing through the g3 is possible but probably a little more trouble than it's worth in addition to another point of failure. Why not have a router or managed switch to separate the networks then set up port forwarding to connect from the plant network? This would keep the network traffic separate and make it easier to provide the capability you're after.

I can always plug a laptop into the local machine network if necessary, so this isn't make or break. However, since the Redlion G3 advertisements make me believe that it should be able to perform this task, I would like to figure out how to actually make it work!