Square D Sy/mate

nico

MORNING,

I AM PERFORMING A PROGRAM TRANSLATION FROM A SQUARE D SY/MATE PROGRAM TO PLC5. I HAVE COME ACROSS AN IF INSTRUCTION THAT HAS AN N IN THE PLACE OF WHAT WOULD USUALLY BE A SYMBOL FOR COMPARISON i.e EQUAL TO, GRATER THAN AND SO FORTH. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS SYMBOL BEFORE, AND IT'S NOT IN THE INSTRUCTION SET IN MY USERS MANUAL. IN SHORT DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE N SYMBOL IS.

P.S- I'M TRANSLATING A PROGRAM THAT WAS WRITTEN WITH THE SY/MATE PLUS CLASS 8010 VERSION 2.06 DOS BASED PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE.

THANKS,
NICO

Possibly a negative transition contact? Also called an off-going one-shot.

Is there a 'Not Equal' function shown in the manual as an equals sign with a slash through it? Sometimes, in programs of that vintage, not all printers supported a character set that could depict all the instruction symbols, and you wound up with a printout that looked different from the examples in the manual.

Taking a step back, why are you translating to the PLC5 instead of to ControlLogix? If you're going to all that trouble, why not translate to something more current?

Last edited: