how to chose transmitter for plc

vikas1947

i have a pt 100 temprature sensor it have three wire 2 white and 1 red ,,i asked to alen Bradly support people about wiring they said me to buy a transmitter for my RTD which can convert its resistance in voltage or current ..

now I have a ml1100 which have two analog input port and one common port for both of them .....

its input value is given in 0 to 10 volt in the manual ...

when i went to market i asked for RTD transmitter he told me about 4-20 mA 0-20 mA 0-10 volt type of transmitter

suggest me which type i have to buy and why i have to buy that particular type :rolleyes:

I HAVE CAT NO. OF PLC 1763 L16BBB

The RTD transmitter itself is only part of the cost.

The 0-10V output of the RTD represents some temperature range, say, 0-100°C.

If the factory default range is not correct for what you need, then the range needs to be changed, typically with PC software and a modem/cable device. Depending on brand and model, that PC software and modem/cable can range from free to $5,000 USD.

If this is a one time deal, you might consider buying an RTD transmitter whose software/modem is free or from a vendor who will range it for you, so that you do not have to invest in software and a modem for a one-time range operation.

Good Practice is to put an adhesive label on the RTD transmitter with its range.