Siemens S120 drive : passive homing

Plc_User

In my S120 drive I do passive homing of an axis, because the movement is continious but I could not find the exact modulus due to many chains between motor and final load.
In my trace of the actual position r2521 I see that the immediately after passive homing my position is not 0 but a small negative value althoug the home point is 0 (configured in the screen for active homing).
I have several axes like that that give the same negative position value after passive homing.
What could be the reason for this. I already changed P2603 to both values, but no influence.
Another thing I experienced with passive homing is that the precision is dependent on the speed activating the reference sensor, althoug it should be connected to a high speed digital input.
What is your experience to speed dependency of passive homing?

PLC_User

I'm not sure of your question- looks like your curser on the trace is not on top of the line
Can you trace your prox too?
Where did your numbers come from 215915 ?- anyway the passive homing does work
Heres a trace where I am reseting servo 3 to match the actual of servo 2
What are you trying to accomplish in your application?

reset.jpg

JRW,

The passive homing is used because it concerns a continuous movement (with modulus), but because of many chains between motor and load I could not find the exact modulus to automatically reset the position value after one load revolution. So, each load revolution I reset the position value with flying reference to be sure of the repeatability of the position over many load revolutions. The position when the prox is triggered should be 0, as I set this up in the screen of active homing.
At complete machine start I also do once an active homing, afterwards each load revolution a passive homing is executed.
The passive homing works, but I expected to see on the trace that when the position is being reset after passive homing, the position would go to 0. Instead it goes to small negative value, although the rotation direction is continuously in the same (positive) direction.
I also had the impression that passing the prox during passive homing with rather different speeds would give me different negative values directly after passive homing.
Hope this clears out some questions.