Micrologix 1200 newbie

saudong

I bought micrologix 1200 1762 L24BWA to learn at home
my question is: if i only have base plc without I/o rack can i use RX500 to write some logic ladder ? and how can config in Rxlogix 500. Thanks

Welcome to the Forum !

MicroLogix 1200 controllers built-in I/O are considered "Slot 0" in the memory map. When you select the Controller type in RSLogix 5000, the I/O memory locations for the MicroLogix 1200 are pre-defined.

You specifically mentioned the 1762-L24BWA controller. The "B" indicates that the controller has 24V DC Inputs, the "W" indicates Relay outputs, and the "A" indicates 120V AC power.

The "24" indicates 24 total I/O; this controller has 14 Inputs and 10 Outputs.

The wiring can be a little tricky, with mixed common groups and so forth. Print out the Wiring Diagram from the Installation Instructions or User Manual and have it handy whenever you terminate a wire.

The memory addresses of the I/O are I:0/0 through I:0/13 for the Inputs, and O:0/0 through O:0/9 for the Outputs.

Yes, but you can't use the free version, if that is what you are asking.

Thank you for your reply.I used micrologix 500 pro with 7 days Grace.

Ken,Thank you. I will read more and i am sure i will come back to ask more.