How are Interrupt signals used?

Andreik

Good day,

I often encounter this term "Interrupt Signal". I think they are related to Motor Controls somehow. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks,
Andrei K.

So the if the whole Program is interrupted, the Program itself will not be usable and all of the I/O's and DM's will be idle?

About the "task" running in interrupt. Is it also programmed the normal way? Oh my, I've been programming PLC's for over 5 years now and I don't seem to have used this one.

Thanks

Andreik,

When you use an interrupt the plc will stop what it is doing and execute the interrupt routine and then return back to the program before the interrupt happened.

"So the if the whole Program is interrupted, the Program itself will not be usable and all of the I/O's and DM's will be idle?"

Yes in a sense, only the interrupt logic will be processed at this time.

"So the if the whole Program is interrupted, the Program itself will not be usable and all of the I/O's and DM's will be idle?"
That would not be my preferred view. My view of an interrupt is that is is just a shift in priority. The interrupt becomes top priority and runs, then the normal program resumes where it was before the interrupt. Anything that got changed by the interrupt is still changed when the normal program resumes.