DL440 analog inputs

nathan.slade

Hi all.
Imafter a litle help. im trying to workout how the analogs work in direct soft. I have a dl440 and f4-08ad setup on the benc but am haveing trouble with the prgraming. could someone walk me through it. wick program to show the 8 inpts connected to pt100's usin 4-20ma would be great.
thanks all

Do you have the module's manual, available here?

You have to follow the example code to recover the readings from the 16 X inputs one at a time. Since you have the DL440 follow the program example in the section named 'Reading Values, DL440/450' On successive program scans one channel is read and stored in an 8 place table.

You mention PT100 and 4-20ma. Do you have convertors which take the PT100 sensors as inputs and send out a 4-20ma signal which is attached to the analog input module? It is not practical to connect the PT100 sensors directly to the input module.

Last edited:
Hi mate. sorey about the spelling. ****ty comp at work. I have read the manual andam haveing truble with under standing how to adress and the vmemory part. i have mainly used a/b plc's and under stand the scaling. all iwont to d at the moment is to have a analoge card in slot 1 hocked up to a 4-20Ma signal and scale it to a 0-100 deg celcius figure for now and under stand how we get there. i'm doing this on my own at work so when i get stuck in the middle of the night with no one to call i can work out whats going on.
Thanks