PV1400 terminal error

RasPLC01

Dear members

please give me a solution for following error in AB panel View 1400 which is communicating with SLC 5/03

I have been trying to edit the existing program in PV 1400.I made 1 more tag (ASLAM) in taq editor and add a mutistage indicator indicator.when i try to download it is showing the following error.

"Taq does not have valid address in the terminal assigned discrete rack or block transfer channel"

should i use Pass through?

See attached files for terminal settings

Last edited:
When you post the application file, it will become clear, but Rule #1 of "PanelView" questions is to post the exact part number of the terminal.

It helps determine for certain the application editor and especially the communication network.

The error message you quoted suggests that the RIO network is used. Does the SLC-5/03 have a 1747-SN RIO Scanner ?

You should still post the zipped application file, but also post the exact Address you used for the new PanelBuilder tag.

I did downloading and uploading for PV500 many times with a compact flash. Panelbuilder has a function to verify the panvelview program. I think first you verify the program then download. If you see any error which are in red , it wont allow to save the the program.
You may need to check your plc address for which you made the TAG.

OK, if you are using a 1747-SN RIO Scanner, that is consistent with the error type you're seeing in PanelBuilder.

Without seeing the actual *.PBA configuration file or details about what address syntax you are using, it's impossible for anyone to suggest what needs to be changed.

Please post the *.PBA file, compressed as a ZIP file.

The *.PVA file you posted does not have the changes that resulted in the screenshots you posted.

Post the *.PBA PanelBuilder file that generates those errors and has the tag "ASLAM", that doesn't appear to have a valid address.

This is what I was explaining too. The tag 'Aslam' doesn't have valid address in PLC. You need allocate address in PLC program and call it in panelview.

Thank you for posting that application file.

I see the problem.

You defined the Block Transfer address block #3 (N7:50, length 10) as a Read block.

The multi-state indicator you wanted to use the tag "ASLAM" with requires data that is Written to the PanelView as an Output or as a Block Transfer Write.

If you change the Block Transfer type from "R" to "W" in the Communications Configuration -> Block Transfer setup dialog box, the project will compile correctly.

You ROCK Ken.
Now we got the file to actually validate and see the error.
You are right about write tag. However I made changes and uploaded the file again after validating, no error showed.