Happy New Year 2012!!!

I have MELSEC MEDOC VERSION 2.30 programming software.

When I first started working on the PLC I was able to communicate with it using a Windows 98 PC, but when I tried to upload the program from the PLC it gave me a memory error. That error stated that when the battery of the UPC has been exhausted. I don't know what that means. Now I can't communicate with the PLC at all. Whenever I try to transfer the programm from MEDOC>PLC it tells me that the PLC does not reply. So, what can be the problem? How can I transfer or download the programm to the PLC?

Thank you, awaiting your help.
Solomon

I think but I am not sure this sounds like an old PLC. The memory used a battery to keep the program while the power is off. If the battery is old it will need replacing. I think you can also use a EPROM module on those PLC's that won't need the battery. When you say upload do you mean programming the PLC or pulling the program from the PLC? Upload and download is used with mixed meaning I have noted over the years.
I think the battery is inside the PLC some where but as I say I am not sure!

Hope this is some help for you. I came here to wish all a happy new year so you might want to start a new thread for your question...

Yohana 463927

I have MELSEC MEDOC VERSION 2.30 programming software.

When I first started working on the PLC I was able to communicate with it using a Windows 98 PC, but when I tried to upload the program from the PLC it gave me a memory error. That error stated that when the battery of the UPC has been exhausted. I don't know what that means. Now I can't communicate with the PLC at all. Whenever I try to transfer the programm from MEDOC>PLC it tells me that the PLC does not reply. So, what can be the problem? How can I transfer or download the programm to the PLC?

Thank you, awaiting your help.
Solomon

Your Reply

I am not sure I can help you further with this. What is the model of your PLC?. Did the upload (from the plc to the PC complete) I.e. you have it's program?

@gih and @Yohana: I think you better start a new thread on this subject. That way your chances of getting a to-the-point answer are far much better than discussing the issue on the New Year wishes thread. Hijacking threads is, in general, no good idea.

Darn, Mark beat me to it.

Kind regards,

Yes. I did mention that at the end of the 2ND post!!!! I just get carried away a bit sometimes.

Happy new year again to you all.

Geoff.