AB 1769-SDN and Omron TJ1-DRT issue..

Christine1914

Hi Guys,

Good day!

Just want to seek help regarding this matter.

I am servicing a panel consisting of Allen-Bradley 1769-SDN (master) and Omron Trajexia TJ1-DRT (slave) connected via DeviceNet. The client is using a RSLogix5000 for the PLC program, Motion Perfect 2 for TJ1-DRT, and RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

The situation I encountered first was the error 76, 78 as we cannot see the TJ1-DRT when we connect online, so the said card was replaced. But as soon as it was replaced an error code of 77 now is on display. I configured the said set-up as is with the back-up program given by the programmer to our client, and undeclared-declared the card at the scanner's scanlist but to no avail. I also loaded the EDS file given by the programmer, downloaded the back-up file (given by the programmer) to the scanner but the error is still there.

Is there anything I need to configure either to the scanner or trajexia to make the system work again?

Immediate reply is highly appreciated for this Trajexia System is just first in Southeast Asia, I think.

Error code 78 is a failure of explicit message connection; that is consistent with being unable to "see" the Omron motion controller in a network browse.

Error code 77 is an I/O Connection Size mismatch. Since motion controllers typically have I/O Assemblies that are configured by parameter selection inside the motion controller software, this is probably going to be done using the Trajexia software.

Can you post a link to the Trajexia EDS file ? That would help us determine if the EDS file exposes the I/O Assembly selection to RSNetworx.

If I were troubleshooting the system, I would use the Class Instance Attribute editor in RSNetworx to read the Connection Produced and Consumed sizes from the DRT module. In DeviceNet object language, that's Class 0x05 (Connection), Instance 0x02 (Polled I/O), Attributes 7 and 8. If it's not a Polled I/O connection the Instance number is different (like 0x04 for Change-Of-State). Knowing the expected sizes of the I/O connection might help you determine what Assembly numbers to configure.

Normally when I don't see a device it is either a node conflict or a cabling error.
Is this a device that does not support explicit
messaging?

You should go to odva.org and see if the EDS file is up to date. Generally speaking I have found that there are 2 companies that comply the the Device Net standard implicitely and they are Omron and AB - but I have seen some problems between the two.

Hi Ken,

That's the approach that I needed, and honestly, I just newly learned that Class Instance Attribute to monitor the I/O signal given by the slave.

Right now, the system as well as the machine are both working perfectly.

Thanks guys for all the replies :)