Different pin out of RJ45 connector of AB PLC.

AB2005

Dears;

In our Corrugator machine, we have 10 Allen Bradley Compact Logic PLCs and Panel View 1000 at 10 different units. Each PLC and PV is connected via an Ethernet Switch and all the switches are then connected with main switch. I have found that the connector of Ethernet cable from PLC/PV to switch is configured as T568-B” pin outs and the connector of Ethernet cable from sub switch to main switch is configured as T568-A” pin outs. Please assist if this is ok or all the connectors should be configured a same pin outs?

Not sure what you mean with T568-B and T568-A, but maybe it is crossed and non-crossed.
If that is the case, since you have a switch for collecting all cables, and most switches handles crossed/non-crossed automatically.

Not sure what you mean with T568-B and T568-A, but maybe it is crossed and non-crossed.
If that is the case, since you have a switch for collecting all cables, and most switches handles crossed/non-crossed automatically.

Hi Jesper
the E/Net has two standards

the crossover applies to both.
Not 100% sure if there is a problem

Yes but the sockets are also colour coded differently -
It is possible to create a crosover by accident
Also by memory there is a different twist pattern so the "shield effect or noise resistance" is different

Last edited:
Yes but the sockets are also colour coded differently -
It is possible to create a crosover by accident
Errr... how ?

Anyway, both cables are straight. Dont think there is anything significantly different about them.

edit: Just reread the document, and I cannot say if the cables that AB2005 has at hand are straight or crossed.
The standards T568-B and T568-A simply pertain to a certain color sequence of the wires.
Just wanted to clarify that.

Last edited:
yep that is correct - the sockets also have the colour code options

"B" seems to be the way it is mostly today. It doesn't matter as long as both ends are the same. In our building, all the old wiring is "A" and the new wiring is "B".
George