PanelView Plus 1250 restore default config

easystevie

I am working on a 4 year old PanelView Plus 1250 that does not have the Goto Configuration button on the screen and I would like to reload the program with a CF Card, but I cannot find a way to do this. Is there a way to erase the existing program so that the panel is restored to its default so that I can then reload it with the CF Card?

Thanks,

Steve

reboot the screen look on the Left Hand Lower Screen Corner for a small white square
Touch it once - it should brighten
let the screen continue to boot

I forgot - if it is not a touch screen - use the F1 Key - i think

The white square/F1 function was added around v4, I think, so it's probably present on a 4-year-old terminal.

When the PanelView Plus terminal boots up, it generally runs the *.MER runtime file that it last ran. That file can be on the internal memory, or on the removable CompactFlash storage card.

PanelView Plus terminals will execute "autorun.bat" files, so you can use simple batch files to copy all the *.MER files out of the onboard flash memory and onto an external card, then erase the onboard files. When the PV+ next reboots, it won't find the *.MER file that it expects to run and will default to Configuration mode.

Let's poke around for reference Batch files.... here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=328504&postcount=6