Interposing Relay Type Selection

godfrey

I'm operating electrically actuated butterfly valves with interposing relays. The 115VAC feed comes from the remote side of the valve's local/remote switch into the common terminal of my relay. the N/C side goes out to the Close drive terminal of the valve. When I energize the relay, the N/O side sends power to the Open drive terminal. The motor is an inductive load. Should I use a reed type relay or a solid state relay? Which is more robust? I've heard arguments both ways. What is your experience?

Similar Topics

Why there is a requirement to connect interposing relay when we are using relay output type PLC?
Replies
Views
DEAR ALL, COULD ANYBODY help us for the following issue... how to wire the INTERPOSING RELAY CONNECTION TO PLC...
Replies
Views
In a project,I am using an Output Card where I have been advised to use 24VDC interposing relays to give output signals to field elements. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi Team I need technical advice of using an interposing relay;is possible to connect two PLC through an interposing relay which will be located...
Replies
Views
I read the following post: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=49630&highlight=interposing Kid mentioned the 700HL interposing relay...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom