DL06 D0-06DD1-D transistor replacement

iointerrupt

I couldn't find any information out there on replacing a blown output transistor for a DL06 so I figured I'd post this here for others that make the same stupid mistake as me.

I picked up a D0-06DD1-D to do some home automation in my garage, and being my first PLC horribly mis-wired the outputs (pay attention to that +V terminal the manual barely mentions!) blowing 3 of the output transistors. Two of them fused themselves always on, and the third had a high resistance when operating.

The only marking on the transistors is "619", so the best match to them I could find was a Diodes Inc FMMT619, which has the same package, pad layout and marking. Mouser part# 522-FMMT619TA.

With transistors in hand, I used a hot air rework gun to pop the old transistors off, and then soldered in the replacements with a fine-tipped iron. Not terribly hard but it helps to be able to work under a microscope. After replacing them all the outputs were able to drive my relay loads correctly again.

One more warning, watch out for the labeling. The PCB marks the transistors as TR1 -> TR16, while your PLC labeling is Y0 -> Y23. The conversion to decimal is obvious, but I missed the fact that the Y labels start at 0 and the TR labels start 1. Ended up replacing a perfectly good transistor before I realized.

IMG_0134.jpg IMG_0141.jpg