PanelView 1400E

pat1892

Hello,
I have a panelview 1400e that has a battery alarm. This alarm is for the battery on the main board. It is soldered into the board. AB said that this if factory reparible only. As far as I can tell it only protects the configuration data. I can replace the batty myself but it is a critical piece of equipment and I can't shut it down and wait on them to repair. Has anyone ever replaced that battery? Was there any trouble?

Thanks

remember the firmware - that may be kept onboard by that battery.
If you change it you may not beably to do anything but turn the screen on -
no comm's nothing

if it is critical - buy a spare screen - load the HMI program to it
and then get the battery replaced - keep one spare

Hello,
Thanks for your response. That's the problem, I'm not sure what that battery backs up. It's just hard to believe that the unit would be built with a battery that once dead it won't work anymore. AB wants $4,700 to replace the battery. They want me to upgrade to the newer screen. Time for some decisions!!

Thanks Again!!

If the battery is dead you have to wonder what else maybe going south. I would replace with a newer screen and get your local AB Rep to help you convert over. This way when you switch you will have someone to help with those pesky conversion bugs.

Also I would ask about a trade in value on the screen you have. This should help offset some of the cost on the new screen.

Hello,
The PLC is an PLC5. The screen is communicating by RIO. The processor is configurable to DH+ or RIO comms. I do agree that the new screen is the better option, just need to see if I can get someone to understand a little more money would be better in the long run.

Thanks!!

When you say new screen are you talking about upgrading to a PanelViePlus or are you talking about having the CRT screen changed to an LCD screen, if it is the later then there would be no conversion as all the hardware is the same the onl difference is that the CRT stuff is removed and the LCD screen fitted.

Alan