Omron NT-30 to Yokogawa Fam3 PLC

Mr. Domo

Need information on using touchpanel switch to turn on PLC output.A simple ladder diagram for PLC and required parameters for touchpanel would help (have NT-support software for screen creation) but do not know how to set up which PLC address for communication - short tutorial would help. Thanks.

I was not aware that there were drivers for a NT30(C) touchscreen for Yokagawa.

1. What version of NTSS or NTST do you have installed?
2. What is the name of the NT system driver for the Yokagawa PLC?
3. Are you using a univeral NT system driver like Memlink?

I can help you with the Omron NT30(C) programming but I need to know the above to guarantee success.

Using NTST 4.6 How can I find what driver? PT says host link. Maybe omron drivers? Screen is set for PLC-PT C H0200 and PT-PLC C H0210. Are these areas in the PLC for data storage? Also, Yokogawa PLC uses a LC21-1N module labeled M Link to communicate to to NT-30.

Last edited:
NT30(C) only supports HostLink or MemLink Protocols.
I can find C-Link,H-Link and FA Link modules for the FA-M3 PLC on the Yokogawa site. I cannot find the M-Link module. Can you post a URL?

Using NTST 4.6 How can I find what driver? PT says host link. Maybe omron drivers? Screen is set for PLC-PT C H0200 and PT-PLC C H0210. Are these areas in the PLC for data storage? Also, Yokogawa PLC uses a LC21-1N module labeled M Link to communicate to to NT-30.

Alright...I now see the interface and it emulates Omron Hostlink.

Since the screen must already be set-up(hence CH0200 and CH0210), the programmer has allocated word 200 and word 210 as the PT control and the PT notify area.
The PT Control Area (PLC->PT) is an area of memory starting at word 200 through 209 which the PLC "controls" the PT(Programmable Terminal.) The first word is used to control what page or screen is displayed. If you MOV #1 to word 200, page 1 will be displayed.
The PT Notify area is an area of memory starting at word 210 through 219 which is used by the PT to notify to the PLC that some action has taken place in the PT. Word 210 will notify to the PLC what the current screen or page is being displayed. If word 210 is equal to 4, then page 4 is being displayed.
Need information on using touchpanel switch to turn on PLC output.A simple ladder diagram for PLC and required parameters for touchpanel would help (have NT-support software for screen creation) but do not know how to set up which PLC address for communication - short tutorial would help. Thanks.
When you want a touchbutton on the PT to turn on a PLC output, you would use direct addressing. That is the address of the touchbutton is the address of the output in the PLC. Since you are using m-link for Omron PLC simulation on a Yokogawa PLC, you need the documentation for the LC21-1N module to see what Omron register maps to what Yokogawa register. If you will find a link for the manual on the LC21-1N module, I could probably help you out on that.
I will also post a link to a short tutorial on how to design elements on the touchscreen.
NT Tutorial @ MrPLC.com

mlink.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. You've made it a lot clearer. I'll try and get that link and meanwhile will fool around with both units. I've got a NT31C also and will try to repeat one of your posts about a start stop motor screen -(start.onw).