Allen Bradley Micrologix 1000

rusty152

Can I use the 1761-net-eniw with the micrologix 1000 to go online and make changes and troubleshooting over the web? I am wanting to be able to troubleshoot and make changes to our systems, at our customers locations, that use a ML1000 from the house or office. Is this poosible through the internet by using the 1761-net-eniw along with the ML1000? Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes, you can. Most, if not all, that do remote programming like you describe typically use a VPN tunnel so as not to expose the PLC to the www.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn I have been programming for a while now but I have never had to do remote troubleshooting and programming. I am still new to that. I have started a new job and need to monitor our systems remotely to keep or trips down to customer plants just for a bad sensor. This will be such a great savings to our company. I really appreciate it.

I should add that most of the folks around here do not like the NET-ENI. The Digi One IAP is usually suggested as a more reliable alternative.

Shawn