Display in HMI

lachuupriya

Hi Guys

let describe my project, I have sensor to detect a thin sheet going to roll on bobin. I have a formula to calculate the length of the thin sheet crossed sensor.
I have Speed 7rpm & Diameter of roller 146mm.
So I'm using a simple formula Length = Speed x Time

for speed I calculated circumference and multiplied with rpm to get mmpm.

PLC - CP1E - N20
HMI - NS10

One day they will roll up to 4-5 bobins.
So I got two display one will show current length other one will display total length of today.

Now I'm able to display current length but unable to add finished bobin to total length.

Thanks in advance

IF Bobin Current Lenght is Done Then One Shot Current Length to Storage Length and Reset Current Length. Then Storage Length + Total Length = Total Length

Look into using a FIFO for storing all the bobin lengths created that day or shift (or over what ever time period you want).

The source will be your bobin lengths, and you can execute it when ever you finish a bobin. The FIFO will keep every bobin length you create. Then you can add up all the lengths stored in your FIFO to get the total length created.

You can do it the long way. A series of MOVE instructions that will move the old file into a new file, over and over. I'm not familiar with the CP1E instructions but basically you just have say... five files (registers, or what ever they are called in the CP1E).

Length1
Length2
Length3
Length4
Length5

Move Length4 to Length5
Move Length3 to Length4
Move Length2 to Length3
Move Length1 to Length2
Move NewLength to Length1

Then TotalLength = 1+2+3+4+5.

Length1 through Length5 will be the lengths of the last 5 bobins.

@Tharon, Thanks for your help. I'm not able to get the current length. I'm able to show it in HMI but whenever I try to move it to another DM fails. Because once there is no input Current length becomes zero. any way to store the last value.
Later I can move all length to total length as you said

I'm able to view current length of the product
But when I try to sum up all the product length, I'm messing up some where.

DM 4 value is current length

DM10 value is Total length

When I try to add current length after product rollup.

PLC: CP1E-N20
HMI: NS10

you need to use the @MOV (AT MOVE) command.
this becomes a snapshot

your program is writing over the previous values.
Tharon's suggestion Should work.

I understand this is a test program - I would suggest you get into the habbit of using symbol names - it is good practice

Yes, I should have mentioned that it needed to be an instruction true for one scan, otherwise you'd overwrite the old values within 5 scans of the program.