Pulse Width Modulation for Hydraulic Solenoid Valves

how can I change an analog output just with the program not using a digital input? also I need to ramp up and ramp down the analog output please advice. I'm thinking in a Click Koyo System, please advice program examples and reviews about click koyo with 1 analog input and 1 analog output plc.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum !

When I make edits I prefer to add [EDIT] to the original text, or add clarifications to the end. It can get a little confusing when you change your question completely: I was busy composing an answer to your original PWM/MicroLogix question.

Describe more about the hydraulic valves and valve drivers that you are using. Direct PWM from the controller might be appropriate, but an analog output to a PWM driver device is a more common method.

Analog Ramping

Some controllers have a RAMP instruction, or even ramp features built into the analog output modules themselves.

More often, you will use a self-resetting Timer to increment a PLC memory register whose value is then scaled to the Analog Output.

The actual values you use for the Timer Preset and the Analog Output register depend on the PLC hardware and the degree of precision that you need.

PWM for hydraulics valves

You are right, Sorry for editing the question, I was looking on the related post and found the solution to use my PWM drivers that only needs analog inputs.

Now what I need to know is how to control the output with the program without a joystick, because I need 10% duty cycle to begin and after a few seconds the joystick can take control from 10% to 100% and of course using a ramp to avoid sudden movements.

Please advice any example or advice.

sorry again for changing the question.

the solution to use my PWM drivers that only needs analog inputs.

Now what I need to know is how to control the output with the program without a joystick, because I need 10% duty cycle to begin and after a few seconds the joystick can take control from 10% to 100% and of course using a ramp to avoid sudden movements.

More often, you will use a self-resetting Timer to increment a PLC memory register whose value is then scaled to the Analog Output.

The actual values you use for the Timer Preset and the Analog Output register depend on the PLC hardware and the degree of precision that you need.

Using Ken's suggestion about timers and values.