FactoryTalk Alarm banner border color change

R_C

In FactoryTalk can you change the border color to match the background color of your alarm message?
Checking the check box "Border uses background color" in the alarm banner properties did not work.

The "Back Color" of the Alarm Banner object is what is displayed when no Alarms are active.

By default, both the Back Color and Border Color are red.

You can change the Border color to anything else, and then un-check the "Border uses Background Color" box to allow the Border Color to be used.

Why there's a manual setting as well as an override, I don't know.

Every Alarm message also has a Background Color and a Foreground Color that are specific to the Alarm Message. By default the background is Red and the foreground is White, so everything on that Alarm Banner is consistent.

I think what you want is to just set the Background Color for each Alarm Message: because an alarm fills the whole Alarm Banner, it will replace the default "Alarm Banner Back Color" background.

Clear as mud ?

Every Alarm message also has a Background Color and a Foreground Color that are specific to the Alarm Message. By default the background is Red and the foreground is White, so everything on that Alarm Banner is consistent.

If I have the background color of one of my alarm messages to be yellow for example, the border does not change with the background. I have a message with a yellow background and a red border.

Oh, OK, I get it: you want the Border to match the Alarm Background (which can be different for every Alarm Message), rather than matching the default Alarm Banner Background or having its own specified color.

I don't know of a way to do this, except to draw a border and animate its color with a complex expression that matches your active alarm colors.

It's probably best to just remove the border entirely.