ML1400 ethernet communication

nilesh_1106

Hi,
I am using a ML1400.so I want to communicate the ML1400 from Ethernet Port via Internet (wirelss).so how it will be works?

Sigh.

Do you mean "wireless" like WiFi, or "wireless" like GPRS or other cellular telephone technologies ?

And do you mean "Internet", like the World-Wide Web, or do you mean "internet" like an Ethernet LAN ?

MicroLogix 1400 controllers use Rockwell's controller-specific communication protocols carried by TCP protocol over IP networks using TCP Port 44818.

Anything that carries IP will work: Ethernet, dial-up, T1, DOCSIS, DSL, GPRS, CDMA.... anything.

A VPN connection is required to prevent your controller from being clogged by HTTP server crawlers or compromised by casual hackers.

Sigh.

Do you mean "wireless" like WiFi, or "wireless" like GPRS or other cellular telephone technologies ?

And do you mean "Internet", like the World-Wide Web, or do you mean "internet" like an Ethernet LAN ?

MicroLogix 1400 controllers use Rockwell's controller-specific communication protocols carried by TCP protocol over IP networks using TCP Port 44818.

Anything that carries IP will work: Ethernet, dial-up, T1, DOCSIS, DSL, GPRS, CDMA.... anything.

A VPN connection is required to prevent your controller from being clogged by HTTP server crawlers or compromised by casual hackers.

my requirement is that ML1400 will be connect to WiFi. and WiFi will connect to the internet via Lease Line (World-Wide Web).so it will be accessed. so it is possible or not? or give me better idea to communicate with ML1400. Thanks for advice.

Well certainly it's possible. In fact it's very common.

MicroLogix controllers use TCP/IP over Ethernet to transport their controller-specific communications traffic.

So, your first step is to connect the MicroLogix 1400 to a WiFi system. For this you need an Ethernet to WiFi Client.

These aren't as common as WiFi Access Points or Access Point/Router combination devices. Some WiFi Access Points can also be used as bridge or client devices. My favorites are made by Ubiquiti Corp, but there may be vendors who are more popular and highly available in western India.

Your second step is to connect a router to the Internet via "leased line". That term usually refers to modem communications, so you might be looking at a fairly old piece of technology called a "PPP router".

The MicroLogix is not the complicated part of this system; the Internet connection is.

The more information you can provide to this Forum about the telecommunications services available to the controller's site, the better you can get advice from the Forum.