rs485 temp controller to slc5/05

nathan.slade

hi all
i would like to know how to get a temp value from a temp controller into a slc5/05. i would normally just use a analoge input with 4-20ma but without a working analoge input card im looking at other ways.
thanks

Most temperature controllers that have an RS-485 port implement Modbus RTU serial protocol. The newest SLC-5/05 controllers can run Modbus RTU Master on their serial ports (Series C FRN 11).

So all you need is an RS-232 to RS-485 converter, some knowledge of Modbus, and a communications manual for the temperature controller.

This might be really easy, but let's start with details about the temperature controller make and model and a link to a user manual that describes the RS-485 interface.

Hello Ken!

Pretty late but I am also trying to get temp values from a M2B+ temp controller here is the link to the manual : https://www.diecastmachinery.com/Us...8_Sterlco M2B+ Controller Complete Manual.pdf . I also have an SLC 5/05 with Series C FRN 13. What kind of RS-232 to RS-485 converter do I need? And I am using RSLogix500 (Version 5.2) and am unsure how to make this work with the software I currently have...

Many Thanks!