Printing from RS Logix 5000

Ashwin

The problem I face is weird.

I have this huge program written out in Ladder and Function block using RS Logix 5000. I tried to print it out. It works fine with the function block but when i go to the ladder programming part to take print outs, I am not able to shrink all the rungs to the same size. A lot of rungs fall out of the regular A4 size page and I wanted to know if there was a way in which i could make all the rungs shrink to the same size.

Also, if I was wondering if we could convert the program into PDF files.

Did you try selecting 'Rung Wrapping' and 'Wrap Branches' in the Ladder / Display section of 'Print Options'?

I've also found that Logix5000 is very very picky about printer drivers.

For PDF output, if you have Acrobat (full) installed, you can just select the Acrobad/PDF device as your printer.

print options

I did what you told me. I think it worked partially. My program runs easily into a 50+ pages, so i do not want to begin printing until i have exhausted all techniques. Thanks tough.

As for the next question which was if i could convert the ladder program into PDF, you are saying it is possible. I just wasnt very clear as to what you meant there. Could you please be kind enough to elaborate as to how I could convert the program into PDF file.

I would have to have both RS logix 5000 and the adobe to be loaded on the same machine to make it work..correct?

Check out the FREE program ($9.95 gets rid of the nag screen which shows up each use) which installs as if it were a printer driver but actually makes a PDF file. It's HERE

Last edited:
A big thanks

Thanks again! Gosh..there are so many sites out there!!! one of us has always been there ..ask always before you begin the hunt i say!

Cheers

I always just hold down shift key and zoom back roll wheel on the mouse to fit what I want on the screen and then hold control + print screen key. Then open about any windows word doc., excel, paint, etc. and hold control + v. I have no reasons to print entire project easy way to get what you see.