Creating an auto MS Excel log sheet in RS View32

AB2005

Hi friends;

I have designed an HMI in RS view 32 for a logging the shift wise production and downtime of Corrugator machine. I want to log the shift wise production, downtime, and average speed etc data in MS Excel. Is their any option in RS View to do this job automatically as RS View also logs alarm or activities in Excel?

Use the RSView32 datalogger and log to DB4 format. Excel will open DB4 files just fine. You can also log directly to an XLS format however that is not recommended because of the limitation on the number of records (lines) that Excel will support.

Dear TConnolly

Thanks for your info. I have tried to set up the data log but could not find the option LOG TO DB4 FORMAT.

IMG02259-20120119-1248.jpg

Dear Friends;

I am realy sorry that i am unable to create the DB4 log file. For cheking, i selected one tag and time interval for log set to 5min. I checked and found the file as following. I opened it with Excel but find nothing data.

IMG02317-20120125-1530.jpg

To be honest there is a lot more information required from you regarding this for example the file management, the log triggers, the tags in model etc.
Some good advise would be to read the manuals or the quite comprehensive help files in the RSview32 program.

Steve

Oooop. Thank you Bob O for pointing out.
Yes I did not start the datalog. After starting, i found that system stores the data. Now I am very near to my goal. I need some more instruction to configure the exact data logging. I selected 4 tags and when i opened the logged file in Excel, i found that the system logged the name of only one tag (RED). For others, it logged 0,1 & 2. I want that system should log the value of tag along with name as it logged for "PROD_TOTAL".
Second thing, i can create a button in HMI to just click and system open the logged file?

Prod.JPG

If you go to the help files of RSView 32
Chapter 16
Sharing Data with other Windows Applications

Pivotal tables in Excel may be of interest, as the tags names are stored in a different file to the data being stored, which is stored only with a tag reference number.

Dear Friends;

I am really sorry that i could not find the topic "Sharing Data with other Windows Applications" in help.
My requirement is that, as system logged one tag name "Prod_Total", it should also log the name of other tags instead of their reference number.