RS view studio/panel view plus

PSpal

Its 1st time developing Panel view plus module. I have some que regarding how to communicate.
1. during development, SLC(5/04) connected in serial with PC
2.during development , panel view is connected in ethernet with PC
3. All tags are defined in this set up.
4. Development programe(runtime) downloaded successfully

my question is I have to finally connect the panel view in DH +. with the plc. Will it be able to dtect the PLC???as nowhere in RS linx it is defined...I'm little bit confused..As the modification is in a running system, I will get little time to try* test!
help pls.

Can you describe how you are connecting Ethernet to the SLC 5/04? It doesn't have Ethernet built into it. Or is the 5/04 just what you are developing on, but actually running on a 5/05?

OG

He appears to be using Ethernet from his pc to pv+, serial from pc to plc and DH+ between plc and pv+

When you setup communications with rs Linx enterprise which is embedded in factory talk view studio ME you have both development and runtime communications which you must setup if you wish to test in the development and runtime state

I feel that you have not yet come across Linx enterprise, if you go to the bottom of the project tree you will find the enterprise communications tab this is we're you will setup the pv+ communications assign a node to the screen and create a shortcut to your plc etc, make sure when you set this up you copy from development to runtime and when downloading to the panel view that you replace communication settings

operaghost,
what the Robw53 guess is absolutely correct.
using Ethernet from pc to pv+, serial from pc to plc and DH+ between plc and pv+

robw53,
The set up that I describe is as put in RS linx enterprise-communication in development & copied to runtime. PV+ is working fine when the PC is there that I have already checked. I doubting when i removed pc & connect PV+ directly to slc, how the system will work , as in the short cut (runtime)in Rs linx eneterprise , the pv is in ethernet & SLc is in DF-1.
as far my idea goes, linkage of PV to Slc is to be put in Rs linx enterprise in "target"
Is it possible to change from PV ... the linkage of Rs link enterprise...

You say you have copied the design communications to runtime, if so then this will not work as you are using a different communications method, you must setup the runtime manually as you are going to be using DH+ between PLC and HMI. Don't forget to find out what node the PLC is and assign an unused one to the HMI, if it is a PV that is already on the machine why do you need to setup comms?