ML 1100 High Speed Counter not counting in high speed

JonHopper

Hello everyone,

I am using a ML1100 and a 2048 pulse incremental two channel encoder.

I have set up the high speed counter and the ML1100 according to AB's specifications. The HSC:0/acc value does count up and down (depending on direction of the encoder shaft), however, the HSC begins to stop counting pulses after the shaft speed exceeds 90 deg / sec, roughly.

This is 512/s or 500Hz input signal. Why does the HSC, which is supposed to be 20KHz input frequency max, not read an input signal of such low frequency?

I have tried going offline / online to modify the IO settings (input filter frequency) but I am unable to change the input filter frequency regardless of whether I am offline or online.

Can anyone give me any tips? I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Jon