Videojet 1510 Programming Question

Wiscgator

Hello,

I have a few questions concerning the PLC programming required to send data to a videojet 1510 since I can get no help from tech support.

Normally when we send data to a line feed printer, we convert the data to a string and then send that data to the printer. Is it the same format for a videojet? All I can get from them is that it must start with 02, have a U to indicate an update user field and end with a 03. This is the code they sent me..
[02][55][54][45][53][54][0A][31][32][33][34][03].

Other than that, I was told to send hex code to the videojet.

Can someone help guide me in the right direction on this project?

Thanks.

PLC is a Micrologix 1400. Unfortunately, they are still developing an Ethernet/IP driver so we have to use serial. I am using a GE Quickpanel View to convert the net weight from a float to a string using some script that I wrote. This saves me from having to use integers as I can get the data directly from the HMI.