s7 300 plc help

md.abdullah

hello friends
i have experience on the allen bradly plcs but here i my company has given to me seimens plc s7 300 with profibus comm and i have to install it. i am facing very problem on it please tell from where can i start specially in harware and communication modules any manuual????? here is some info on hardware
14CPU 317F-2PN/OP 1.5 MB15MICRO MEMORY CARD 2 MbKB1632 Ch DI Card-- 32 X 24 V Dc1716ch DO Card -16 X 24 VDC188 Ch AI card-4-20mA/0-10vdc198 Ch AO card-4-20mA/0-10vdc

This is a quite a difficult task without any sort of help or training.

I would contact your local Siemens rep. Get him to come round with some demo equipment. If you're lucky he might even put the rig together and start the software by adding the correct hardware config etc. Especially if he thinks he's going to get your company to change from Allen Bradley to Siemens.

;-)

Thats quiet a big task for you to do if you have no experience of Siemens... I would ask your company to send you on a training cours... If you check the Siemens website for a S7 300 manual theres loads of info available on there...

JV

Hello md.abdullah;
I would propose you study the S7-300 tutorial modules that you download from Siemens:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...download_training_material/Pages/Default.aspx

They are designed for step-by-step learning, and cover most aspects of Step 7 configuring and programming, so they are an excellent way to prepare for the task you are given.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Edit: the Siemens support website is located at http://support.automation.siemens.com
You should go to the forum section and register there, you will have easy access to all manuals and materials available from Siemens (free of charge) for all their automation and drives products, along with discussions on issues that members need help on.
D.C.

Last edited:
A #start_stop
o #abilita
AN #ritardo
= #abilita

AN #start_stop
L S5T#100MS
SD #ritardo

Can any body tell me the meaning of this?

start_stop ritardo
----||-------------|/|---------()abilita
|abilita |
----||---------
start_stop 100mSecs
----|/|--------{ton}-------
ton.q
----||--------------------()ritardo

Hi jayasiri,

You should really start a new thread for this but, basically, your software will allow #abilita to come on when #start_stop is pressed.

It will then keep #abilita on for as long as #start_stop is held in.

If #start_stop is de-energised (released if its a push button) then #abilita will stay energised for a further 100ms (as determined by the timer #ritardo).