Do the new S7-1200 cpu's have modbus over ethernet capability

Smita

Hi All,

I have the foll query:

The new S7-1200 CPU's have
Integrated PROFINET interface
The integrated PROFINET interface is used for programming, as well as for HMI and PLC-to-PLC communication. Additionally, it supports communication with third-party devices using open Ethernet protocols. This interface features an RJ45 connector with auto-cross-over functionality and provides for data transmission rates at 10/100 Mbit/s. It supports up to 16 Ethernet connections and the following protocols: TCP/IP native, ISO on TCP, and S7 communication.

We require to communicate with Modbus over Ethernet of a Yukogawa 3000 DCS system.

Do I need to add any additional hw/sw on the PC with DCS or on PLC to enable smooth communication.

Help please!

Thanks,
Smita