DeviceNet Point I/O size mismatch

fpap

Hello, i am driving myself crazy trying to set up a devicenet network with an scanner 1756-dnb and a point io 1743-adn. I am pretty sure that everything is ok, but the 1756-dnb says there is a io size mismatch between the node 31 (the point io), ie Node 31: E77. I tried almost everything: change de 1756-dnb, change the 1734-adn, replace and change the point io modules, etc, etc, etc.

I am attaching both .dnt files (within a zip file), one for the devicenet and the other for the point io subnet. The devicenet also includes three powerflex 70 drives, they are working ok.

I am on plant on a start up, so any suggestion is really very welcome!

Are you familiar with the SCIA (Service, Class, Instance, Attribute) editor in RSNetworx for DeviceNet ?

You can send an inquiry to the 1734-ADN to the Connection Object to learn the connection sizes it expects, and compare that to what you've configured in the 1756-DNB scanlist.

For a Polled I/O connection, the C/I/A values are Class 0x05 (Connection), Instance 0x02 (Polled), Attributes 7 and 8 (Produced and Consumed sizes).

I'll open up that file and take a look.

Thanks Ken for your reply, you always helping people! I am not familiar with that editor, but I will try to send an inquiry to the 1734-ADN anyway...

In the Scanlist entry in the 1756-DNB for the POINT Adapter, change the Polled connection Output size to 2 bytes.

Although there's no user data mapped to the I/O modules on the POINTBus, the Adapter itself has two bytes of "read only" data as part of the Output connection.

You don't even need to map those bytes to the Output image of the 1756-DNB, but they do have to be part of the Polled I/O Connection.

I don't have a 1734-ADN handy to test it out, but it makes sense to me based on your project files.