scada

sarathgosh

Currently am working in plc ,scda developer .Now i want to do scada for hydro electric plants.Iam using factory talk view scda developer.I found that symbol factory hadn,t contain much symbols related to turbines and other hydro electric power plant components..please help me .

FactoryTalk View has a built-in library, plus Symbol Factory, and the ability to draw basic lines, arcs, circles, and shapes as native graphics.

It also has the ability to import BMP and JPEG graphical files to use as wallpaper and as indicators and labels.

What exactly are you looking for a symbol for ?

You can also search the web for bitmaps of various devices - I do.
I also take photos and convert them to bitmaps.

thanks for your kind reply.
Actually i want to show hydro electric plant overview.
i want to show it as moving in accordance with the different plc inputs.
so need that kind of animations .
is ready made animations available?

thanks for your kind reply.
Actually i want to show hydro electric plant overview.
i want to show it as moving in accordance with the different plc inputs.
so need that kind of animations .
is ready made animations available?

No, but they're not hard to make custom - it's normal at the start of a SCADA project to invest some time creating symbols etc you will use throughout. Create, test, deploy - use local SCADA tags to do this and you will be fine.

The other day I saw a picture taken from google earth included as the main page for a scada system, they move from one plant to the other just clicking in the picture, it was really nice.

The other day I saw a picture taken from google earth included as the main page for a scada system, they move from one plant to the other just clicking in the picture, it was really nice.

I've seen people go too far though with the graphical niceties - for example, I don't generally like to see 3D SCADA screens because they're hard to read from a process perspective.