MicroLogix 1400 & Redlion G310

vgiesbrecht

I cannot make my MicroLogix 1400 and RedLion G310S210 communicate. The values all come up "---". I am using Crimson 3.0 software and using the ethernet driver labled as DF1 Master.

I know some people have got this working, but I have not yet. Support is closed until tommorow. I was hoping someone here could give me some pointers, and maybe the missing link. IS there something that needs to be config'd on the ML1400?

Post your Crimson project and your RSLogix 500 project and folks can take a look.

The first thing is to be sure that both the MicroLogix 1400 and the Red Lion terminal have IP addresses on a compatible subnet. Make sure you can PING them both from your development computer.

Files for problem

Here is the cd3 for crimson and the rss for RSLogix 500. I have verified the IP addresses and can ping both devices.
PLC : 192.168.0.75
HMI: 192.168.0.76

Are you using a switch, or direct connected? I have always used a switch with this combo, so I do not know if a cross over cable is needed for direct connect, both devices are later generations,so may have auto detection.

I admit I am unfamiliar with the different drivers offered under the Ethernet port for A-B controllers. The names aren't necessarily consistent with the names that A-B uses in RSLinx, so there must be some documentation on the Red Lion side giving examples of which controllers work with which drivers.

I did see that the target IP address changed when I changed drivers; double-check yours.

What version of Crimson did you create this database with ? I thought I had a fairly recent download (Crimson 3.0 Gold Build 443.000) but got a "this database was created with a newer version of Crimson 3.0" message when I opened the database.

I am running 3.0 Gold Build 469.000
This is my first time using the Crimson software and the Red Lion HMI's so I am also unaware of the drivers required. Every time I have changed something I have verified my IP parameters for the unit and the target device.

Try changing your protocol to AB Master via PCCC/EIP and then use ENI/Micrologix as the device. We've done several 1400/G310 systems and have had good luck with that.

That worked! Thank you all for your information. I found another topic last night that had a discussion on the ml1400 and a G306 and they mentioned that driver. I gave it a try 30 min ago and it all worked.