PanelMate 1700 Screen Headers

PLC Tom

I've inherited several PanelMate 1700 units that I have a question on.

Is it possible to removed the red and white message displays that are near the top of every screen? I can't select the displays or can I find where they are setup at.

If they can't be removed, how can I display messages on them. Currently at run time the area is blank.

Thanks

I've not seen any message displayed in that area. They did create a Variable-Sized Display Template to display messages/alarms.

There is a difference between messages and alarms. If you have defined high or low alarm levels in a readout template or checked the "ALM" column for any of the states of an indicator template, the alarm condition and timestamp will be displayed in the alarm display area. If the original programmer chose not to use the PanelMate's alarming features, the area is available for other objects. Just make sure that there are no alarms defined anywhere before you use the area. The alarm display is always in the foreground, so any message will overwrite anything else you put there.

You have to be careful in your usage of alarms. In general, the PanelMate only scans the PLC for data necessary to update the displayed page. Alarms are an exception. The PanelMate scans the PLC for all tags associated with alarms regardless of whether or not that tag is on the currently displayed page. Too many alarms can result in slower screen updates.