AC500 PLC with ACS550 VFD

gowris

HI,

I'm using AC500 PLC to control the speed of ACS550 VFD.
4-20mA Analog Output is used as speed reference to VFD (AI2) and Speed feedback from VFD (AO) is connected to Ac500 AI module.., The VFD is start & Stop functions are through DI's available on VFD control terminals.., Both FWD / REV direction is also required.

How can I configure VFD..?

Any VFD parameter related to speed reference should be enabled or set...?

The start-stop-reverse functions are configured at Parameter 10.01. The speed reference source will have to be changed from AI1 to AI2 at Parameter 11.03.

Otherwise, the factory defaults will at least make the motor shaft turn.

You haven't told us nearly enough to know whether other parameters need to be changed but that's ok. You should be the one to configure your own drive. We're just here to help when you're stuck on something.

Good luck. I believe that you will find this drive to be very nice.

VFD control from PLC

HI., Thanks for reply.

Is ACS550 a good choice for hoist applications..?' B'coz we use it for hoist control..., what can be the application macro used for such control..?

Gowris.

While the ACS550 can be made to work on a hoist, the best choice would be the ACS800 which has Direct Torque Control.

The 550 with an encoder on the motor shaft would be a second choice. Without an encoder, the 550 would not be acceptable, in my opinion, for the hoist drive. OK for bridge travel, cross travel, but not the hoist.