Elau PAC Drive 200 -EPAS 4 - Profibus Network

Our Client has a production line which is controlled by a Elau PacDrive C200 PLC networked via Profibus to its IO which is mostly Siemens ET200 modules with Siemens IO cards and some drives.

I've been asked what should happen to the Profibus network if one of the IO modules is removed from a ET200 node.

Our client has said that before a college of mine modified the software and Profibus network (he added another ET200 module and a number of IO cards) that removing any IO module from any ET200 nodes caused all nodes on the network to error and the whole line to stop. However since the modifications our client says that only the local ET200 node goes into error and all other nodes keep functioning.

My colleague is unfortunately unavailable for the next two weeks and I've been asked to answer the question. This is the first time I’ve had anything to do with Elau PLC's and the EPAS PLC programming software. I've installed EPAS opened the lines software and am working through the documentation.
Can any body give me any direction of what I need to be looking at in the software where this is setup etc. I think they actually preferred how it was before where the whole line stopped working.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks.[/FONT]

Last edited: