Micro 1400 and DNP3

Critt

Hello and thanks for the help in the past.

I am using an AB Micrologic 1400 Series B to modbus message a solar inverter for status, amps, volts etc. (Modbus Master - Channel 0)
We are then sending this information to the hydro utility so they can then view and shut down the inverter if required. (DNP3 Slave - Channel 2)
This is usually done by the utility but in this case the local utility doesn't have a programmer so they asked us to help.

So the communication between the Inverter and the PLC is working and I can see data in our registers. I have also verifed with the help of the hydro utility that they have estiblished a connection to our device and can see traffic on the DNP3 layer.
I need to take the data that I have from the inverter and send it to hydro. (Currently stored in N20:0 length 40).

Hydro Information:
All points are class 1, and analog values are 16 bit. Hydro addresses are AI001 to AI008. I think this goes into the DNP3 slave configuration but am not sure how this works. I have been reading the manual but still am unsure. I called Rockwell tech support who where less than helpful telling me since I didn't have any analog inputs connected I can't send out analog data.... (I think he was confused!!)

Do I setup the DNP3 slave configuration and then just move or copy the data from one register to another?
Thanks....

On the DNP layer , what devices local to your PLC are they polling from the Master Scada station ? Is this by chance a Wilmore Inverter ?

the DNP3 is connected serial channel 2 on the 1400 and connect to the serial port of a Digi Connect Wan VPN cell. from there the hydro utility can see the device...

The Master SCADA station is just looking for amps, volts, KW and KVAR (3 phases)

I haven't used DNP3 on the MicroLogix 1400 but it looks to me like you just need to point the DNP3 Object File at a MicroLogix Data File.

In the DNP3 Slave configuration menu, place into the "Analog Input (16bits) Data File" field the number of an Integer data file in the MicroLogix. For the sake of argument let's say it's "21" for N21.

Make N21 eight elements long, and copy N20:0 through N20:7 into it using a COP instruction.

Been doing some reading and thats what I think... just figuring out how to set the class 1 for the AI...